|Noeleen’s Nutella Thumb Buttons and various cookies from D’Amato’s Bakery, courtesy of Dan and Yasmin.Thanks Y’all!|
- 1 part butter
- 1 part powdered sugar
- 1 part pecans
- 2 part flour
- 1 spoon vanilla
- 1/2 spoon salt
- ½ dash of cayenne pepper
- Combine butter, half the powdered sugar and vanilla. Mix with a beater til fluffy like ponds cold cream (that’s a direct quote)
- Add flour, salt and barely mix until blended.
- Taste the dough, adjust as needed.
- Shape into 3 logs and put in fridge for one hour to overnight.
- Slice the dough into ¼” slices and shape into crescents.
- Bake cookies at 350 for 15 minutes or until lightly browned on top. Remove cookies from the baking sheet immediately and roll them in the remaining powdered sugar.
- Eat and enjoy!
*Note: this is a no-fail base dough. You can add jam or dip in chocolate or any number of other amazing things. Have fun. Your welcome.
*Note: Pecan is pronounced PEEcan, rhymes with he can or we can. If you pronounce it peKAHN you’re doing it wrong and the wrath of the nut is inevitable. If your cookies come out poorly, don’t look at me. It was your fault and all those years of saying that poor little nut’s name wrong.