Puzzle Pins and Hog Hats

Check out my nifty new brooches! They are nothing but vintage puzzle pieces glued to a couple of dime store pin backs. Awesome much?

This is the perfect piece for anyone wanting to show their Arkansas pride without wearing their Razorback hog hat around the neighborhood.

Not that anything is wrong with Razorback hog hats. I own several myself.

o-o-o-o-o-o

Local Peeps Tangent: Anyone in Chicago looking to acquire some individual state puzzle pieces? I’ll save you the time–go to Foursided Framing in Andersonville. Not only do they carry individual states puzzles pieces (and sooooo much more!), they have a six foot Barbra Streisand print on the wall. SIX FOOT. Clearly, you need to go. And while you’re in the ‘hood, go to Sonya around the corner and get your eyebrows threaded. And yes, threaded is a real word. And yes, it hurts like a mo-fo.

Come stop by my site to read the full post!

Comments

Awesome much? Awesome A LOT!!! Those are cuties, what a cool idea. I’ll never pass up a dumb old US Map puzzle again! Love how you see things – through Peach colored glasses, as always!

OMG, my verification word is ACID OGRE! I am totally using that.

Oh threading hurts worse than payin’ taxes! I had that done once and I heard this tearing noise in my head from the individual hairs being ripped out. I’ll stick to my wax strips thankyouverymuch.

i was crying so much that my ears filled with tears as they dripped down my helpless little face. worst experience i ever paid for.

verification word: icakers. new from apple-the icakers! pocket cake maker!

4. Jen Lubby says

Hey I know Sonya’s!!!!!! They have super cheap manicures and facials too. Eyebrow threading is stupid painful but I louuuuurve the results, especially when she does it herself. Lasts and lasts for months!
    I’ll have to stop by the shop and pick up some of those scrabble pieces. I want a pin that says “SNOGGER”

5. Holly says

Ah, my Arkie sister needs an Arkie map pin. And my momma needs one for California. And I have girlies all OVER the states that each need one. Time to get out the “little kid” puzzle my boy has outgrown.

My daughter needs eyebrow threading. If I could employ two ladies at the salon to do them both at the same time, it might make her pass out but she’d lose her daddy’s caterpillar brows in one swell foop…

HOLLY!!! I have no idea if you will ever read this, but I hope so because you always leave THE BEST COMMENTS.I have come to avoid reading your comments in the workplace for fear I will let out a honking goose laugh (trust: it’s ugly).

I always try to click your name to follow back to your blog but you do not have one. ?!?WHY?!? You need to start a blog so you can share your stories of “caterpillar brows” and going “Overlook Hotel on everyone” ….it’s a matter of public service!

7. Holly says

Aw Peaches, thank you so much! I’m glad you get a giggle out of my comments. I love all the pretties you create and best of all, your crazy family! It’s been set up for a while but not in use yet. Must remedy that… I’ve got endless stories about my son, who is 7 and has a great big crazy brain in his gigantic head.

Love those pins….though don’t think I could ever bring myself to actually destroy one of those vintage puzzles…probably because I only own one? Thanks so much for sharing on Craft schooling Sunday, there’s no party without you! Mwah. xoxoxSara