Hello, Inigo Montoya!

Just a mock up. This frame is far too ostentatious.

Good news y’all.

I did it.

I finally found a place in Mexico that is preserving the fine art of black velvet painting.

Their name is, and I’m dead serious here; From Scary Clowns to Republicans ~ The Tijuana Black Velvet Painting Galleries
of Indignico Inc.

Because who wants a scary clown to hang in the bathroom? Everyone. That’s who.

Do you really need an oil painting of Dick Cheney over the mantel? Shut up. Of course you do.

And here is the best part: THEY TAKE CUSTOM ORDERS.

For years, and I’m not joking here, I have dreamed of owning a black velvet painting that captures the Latin flair of Inigo Montoya, as portrayed by the award-winning and always effervescent star of stage and screen, Mr. Mandy Patinkin.

Years, y’all. And now it can be mine.

Hello, Inigo Montoya!

UPDATE: Don’t bother with that Tijuana place–turns out, the image above is a REAL BLACK VELVET PAINTING! And now it is mine!

Comments

When I was in college, I lived in an old house with 5 other girls. In our living room we had a giant (like 4’x5′) portrait of a matador in a huge gold(ish) frame. He wasn’t on velvet, but he was swarthy and glorious.

We bequeathed it to some youngsters and they tossed it in a dumpster. WAAAAHHHHHH! He would be hanging in my house today if I had known that would be his fate.

I think El Matador and Inigo would have been friends.

Oh, what a fabulous thing to own! I LOVE Inigo Montoya and that line runs through my brain all the time. Now I must think – what would I have custom velveeta-ed? The head spins!

Love Inigo Montoyo, he had to be one of my favorite Princess Bride characters. I lost count how many times I have watched the movie and I have read the book at least 3 times.

Mandy Patinkin as Inigo Montoya. Probably one of my most favourite characters of all time. And you? You will have him for your very own. I would if I could too but the hubs wouldn’t never let me. So I will live through you, Peaches. Take good care of him, won’t you? Thank you.

As a mom, I happen to know that Mandy Patinkin played the “bad guy” on Elmo in Grouchland… I didn’t know that was Indigo Montoya!!!!!

Mind. Blown. (yeah it doesn’t take much)

P.S. Dude can SANG!

6. Mizz Joe Moxie says

L.
    M.
    A.
    O.
    Seriously.
    First I found your blog, then I read it, then I added it to my google reader and now, because of this post-I am commenting.

INIGO FTW!