Icicles and Wild Flowers

Something about hot weather always gets me dreaming of the cold days of December. I have been known to play Christmas music in July.
This is also the season for wild flowers, which I adore, but they never seem to look right when I try to arrange them with other flowers. They refuse to be tamed! I needed a vessel to hold them solo. A vase with multiple holes does the job, and I just love putting something so summery into something with a wintery look. Makes for good contrast…yin and yang….ice cream and pretzels…icicles and wild flowers :)
This project is super easy and requires very little time or talent. Traditional paper mache can get messy (not a bad thing in my book), but you could probably replace that step with a decent layer of tape.

Send me pictures if you make one of your own!

OOOOOH. So BEAuTIFUL! Hee hee, you are such a brilliant weirdo, and this is why I love your projects. What a strange cool vase, Peaches!

I’m a fan of Christmas in July (in fact I think I prefer it to the actual one), and what a fitting vase to bring on the cheer. So quirky and lovely Peaches. Your arrangement is amazing!

Looks pretty!. I was known or playing xmas music when it started to be really cold, good 2 months ahead. ;-) nice project, thanks for sharing!

BEAUTTTTIIIFFFULLLL!!! Can you imagine what it might look like if you put some SQUARE containers in there too??? Really cool. Love it!!!!

Very nice idea! Must give this a try someday.
    Thank-you for an enjoyable coffee break read today!

Weird, but I like it. I wonder if I used that textured granite paint if it would look like rocks. I can’t try this until my husband and daughter leave the vacation place. They are always checking to see what I am doing. I am going to work on my garbage flowers next week, then sneak them out to the meadow and act like they grew naturally. I am working on columbines, the state flower of Colorado. I am volunteering at a cancer camp in a few weeks, maybe I should half make some garbage flowers to take.!! Ann the word is “noubu” You know you can eliminate this feature, unless you think the Saudis want to hack your blog.

Peaches… Absolutely fabulous! Your resulting display of wildflowers is ART. I love paper mache and drippy paint… and so does GirlGrand Aubs. OUR NEXT PROJECT and I’ll send pics, for sure. Thanks. You are such an inspiration. xo

What a fantastic vase! You know, this looks like it would actually be a pretty awesome Christmas gift too…..

Okay, that is so very cool! I’ll have to remember to try this one out!

I always love seeing the cool things you come up with. I am the world’s laziest diy-er but I love doing it vicariously through you. Hope you are having a good summer so far Peaches!

xo Mary Jo

what a great project! my recycle bin is overflowing with opportunities like this!

You make the most wacky stuff and this is why I like you so much. Thank you for being wacky.