Friday Flowers: Fiesta Flowers

Festive much?

I finally got a grip on how to make tissue paper flowers. It took a while, and a lot of torn tissue, but thanks to some great directions from Vallen Queen and my friend Tracy, I finally have it down.

Tip I wish someone told me ten years ago: When it comes to the separating and fluffing, only touch the inner 3″ of the flower. Pretend the outside perimeter is covered with toxic ooze. Did you ever jump around on the furniture pretending the floor was covered with molten lava?  It’s like that. But with tissue. It prevents tearing and tissue fatigue. Omg did I just type tissue fatigue?

Kiki let me stick them up on her doorway until they go outside. I just used a simple piece of scotch tape to stick the top of the flower to the door frame, and BAM. That’s it!

Happy Cinco de Mayo!

Comments

Are the tissues different sizes? They are so cute! Making some for my daughter’s 3rd birthday fiesta!

So glad to see you enjoyed! Looks like a great party :)

3. Miss_maryah says

Taking this to class tomorrow and making these with the senior students…then, using them to decorate our principal’s office on her last day before retirement!
    thank-you!!!

What a cool way to send someone off in style. She will love it! Aren’t you sweet?

5. Katie Wade says

Nix my last comment. I got it! Woohoo! Making them for a baby shower. Thanks so much for your awesome tutorials, Peaches.

6. Stephanie says

Cute! But who’s cat?

That’s Kiki’s cat, Yentl (you can’t see in this pic, but she looks just like Barbra Streisand).

8. Heather Valentine says

Love it!! We do a big party every year outside and I think this is on my “must do” party decor list!

9. Vallen Queen says

Las flores mas bonitas en todo el mundo!!! I had total faith in you.

10. Michelle L. says

Ah! Insanely great! I just love your large scale sensibility – and yes, I used to pretend I couldn’t touch the floor, too – except mine was scary water churning with piranhas.

Woo-hoo for tissue paper and all it’s craft wonderfulness. Beautiful flowers, good tips!

12. Michpacey says

beauteous! happy cinco de mayo to you as well!

WOW! Those are ridiculously awesome. Our house looks so happy with party decor, why not leave it up year round? I have a ton of tissue paper from Dollar Tree, and think my kids need some in their room. Thank you!

I couldn’t have done it without your insight. Thanks!!

15. Katie Wade says

I think you have magic in your hands because I am making my fourth flower now and they all look like crap! Ugh. And I consider myself a very crafty person. But your flowers look amazing!

16. Melstampz says

These are incredible tissue flowers (and yes, my brother and I had a whole land of lava and other dangers to hop around). Thanks for the trip down memory lane and the pointers for tissue flowers. I’ve always found them to be tricksie.

17. Delray Minnie says

trying this !! and i am putting them around my door like that. i love it.

oh shucks i hope this isnt just for cinco de mayo becuase it’s so beautiful i’d love it all year long! what an amazing job you did! glad lemmon jitters introduced me to your beautiful blog!

You are the most festive. I think I will make about a bajillion of these tomorrow.

20. Anonymous says

How do you make the different sizes? Cut first or after? So cute!!!

21. Anonymous says

hola i have a aunt who is sick i need to know how to do this

Me encanta! What a fabulous project which can be used for any fiesta, no?!? Thanks for the great post! I might just do this for an upcoming graduation party I’m hosting and blogging on this month! Ole!

23. ABBYLOUYOU says

I will be making these for my daughters Graduation/ Birthday Party.. Tissue Paper is amazing isn’t It?? Thank You very much!!