Friday Flowers: Fiesta Flowers

Festive much?

I finally got a grip on how to make tissue paper flowers. It took a while, and a lot of torn tissue, but thanks to some great directions from Vallen Queen and my friend Tracy, I finally have it down.

Tip I wish someone told me ten years ago: When it comes to the separating and fluffing, only touch the inner 3″ of the flower. Pretend the outside perimeter is covered with toxic ooze. Did you ever jump around on the furniture pretending the floor was covered with molten lava?  It’s like that. But with tissue. It prevents tearing and tissue fatigue. Omg did I just type tissue fatigue?

Kiki let me stick them up on her doorway until they go outside. I just used a simple piece of scotch tape to stick the top of the flower to the door frame, and BAM. That’s it!

Happy Cinco de Mayo!

Comments

1. Miss_maryah says

Taking this to class tomorrow and making these with the senior students…then, using them to decorate our principal’s office on her last day before retirement!
    thank-you!!!

2. Katie Wade says

Nix my last comment. I got it! Woohoo! Making them for a baby shower. Thanks so much for your awesome tutorials, Peaches.

3. Michelle L. says

Ah! Insanely great! I just love your large scale sensibility – and yes, I used to pretend I couldn’t touch the floor, too – except mine was scary water churning with piranhas.

WOW! Those are ridiculously awesome. Our house looks so happy with party decor, why not leave it up year round? I have a ton of tissue paper from Dollar Tree, and think my kids need some in their room. Thank you!

5. Katie Wade says

I think you have magic in your hands because I am making my fourth flower now and they all look like crap! Ugh. And I consider myself a very crafty person. But your flowers look amazing!

6. Melstampz says

These are incredible tissue flowers (and yes, my brother and I had a whole land of lava and other dangers to hop around). Thanks for the trip down memory lane and the pointers for tissue flowers. I’ve always found them to be tricksie.