I was busy making a Friday Flower project last night when it took a turn for the worse. I am still hoping to resurrect it from the bowels of craft failure, but until then, the best I can give you is a sneak peek:
The NATO summit takes place in Chicago this weekend and protesters have been pouring in for days. It’s weird. Sometimes I see them clustered in sleeping bags under the train tracks. Sometimes I see pictures on the news of the riots that took place at previous NATO summits and think, How could these people in sleeping bags be preparing to set fires and loot and throw bags of poo? They just want to get their point across. They just need their voice to be heard. We should be saluting them for their determination to speak out for the little guy. Where is our tolerance?
*Something they don’t teach you in Kindergarten: If you are going to commit a crime, like defacing property etc., avoid doing it on government property because, if/when you are arrested, the sentencing will likely be harsher than if you committed the same crime on private property. At least that is what my Anarchist lawyer friend informed me on Facebook last week. And yes, there are Anarchist lawyers. Weird, right?
Looking for something fun to do or read? Here are some of my random favorites this week:
- Two words my friends: Cupcake Fondue.
- Zip ties + chicken wire = awesome lampshade.
- The best photography tip-sheet I have seen in a long time.
- Make your own leopard print cardigan.
- Am I the last person on the planet to know that Orla Kileyand Diane Keaton are selling lines at Bed Bath Beyond?
- Nine dangerous things you were taught in school (how I wish someone had showed this to me 20 years ago).