Bramble Patch: August 2012

Here are some of this month’s happy distractions.

What do Swedish people think of the Swedish chef? The answer is fascinating.

A Detroit art movement that is equal parts Mickey Mouse and Mrs. Havisham. I can’t stop looking.

Next time you are at the bookstore, check out I Could Pee on This and Other Poems by Cats, by the hilarious Francesco Marciuliano. I bought two copies thinking one would make a great gift, but apparently Lola had other plans (read: she ate it).

What the? There is a hotel in Kenya where the giraffes come in and eat croissants off your breakfast plate. REAL CROISSANTS, PEOPLE.

Yarn bombing is over, but zip tie bombing is coming to a street light near you!

How does one preserve a 25-year-old cheese ball in resin? Now you know.

This might just be the holy grail of portrait painting.

I want my epitaph carved out in this font (and it’s free, woot.)

They made a movie about butter sculpting with Ty Burrell. It’s like Hollywood crawled up my nose and read my mind.

For Time Lords and those who love them: a virtual fruit salad of Doctor Who themed propaganda prints and original art. Nerdtastic!

Oodles of handy information for my fellow bloggers: 50 Online tools to Better Your Blog
(warning, this link will keep you busy all afternoon).

Come stop by my site to read the full post!

Comments

1. Heather M. says

I laughed so hard at the Swedish Chef article. Where do you find this stuff? I have to get the cat poem book. I think one of mine knows the title poem and took it seriously last night. Thankfully, it was on something that I can throw out. At least the cuddles outweigh the destruction.
    Heather M.
    inlovewiththreads.wordpress.com

2. nutbirds says

Thank you for introducing us to your family. I pinned your post under “Weird Science” I also signed up for your posts on writing. I get really tired of reading badly written posts.

3. Sue O'Mullan says

Hi! Loved this post! Can you direct me to earlier Bramble Patches? I tried and simply cannot find any. Thanks Sue

Thanks Sue! So, good news / bad news..

Bad news: This is the first time I have ever posted a Bramble patch post. I was thinking I would maybe make them into a regular thing….but I wasn’t sure because it’s hard to test response rates when folks leave my site to visit all the links above. Hardly anyone ever comments.
    Goods news: Because you commented as such, I’ll take it that there might just be an audience for this type of thing. I’ll do one at the end of September. Stay tuned!

In the meantime…. I did a handful of posts last year I called “the amazing parade”…fingers crossed the source links are still current :) http://www.auntpeaches.com/search/label/The%20Amazing%20Parade

Ditto. I found Jessica via a post she wrote for Crafterminds a year ago about bloggers improving their writing skills (I can use all the help I can get!)

She is a treasure :)

I know, right? That Swedish chef article is amazing. My pal Kellyanne posted it on my facebook wall. I’m so glad she did. I have an all new perspective on Ikea and ABBA too!

Oh no! Kitties are good at that, aren’t they? They know who is boss.