TRUMPET SOUND TRUMPET SOUND TRUMPET SOUND
Attention handmade valentine lovers!
For the third year running I am inviting my readers to participate in the biggest, most snazztastic valentine swap of all! Last year 210 folks participated from all around the world. That means more than 600 Valentines were exchanged between total strangers, all in the name of love.*
|Courtesy of Lacey. I have an illustrious history with Valentines.|
I know what you are thinking….
Gee, I love the sound of this valentine swap. How does it work?
Well friend, I am glad you asked. This is the nitty-gritty: You send three handmade valentines to total strangers = You will receive three handmade valentines from total strangers.
That sounds fun! Where do I sign up? How do I exchange addresses?
Good question. Let me break it down:
click here to fill out the sign up formno later than Jan 25. (Sorry, sign up is now closed)
- You receive an email from me on Jan 31st with the addresses of three total strangers.
- You send one valentine to each address you receive, no later than Feb 5.
- You receive three valentines sometime around Valentines Day.
What sort of Valentine should I send?
Handmade! It could be a simple scrap of paper with a doodle from your kids, or a stitched up and sequined masterpiece. Adding some glitter or a buttons to a pre-existing valentines is OK too. Just as long as it has a handmade touch and can fit in an envelope, it’s game.
I’m in! What else do I need to know?
- This exchange is open to anyone, anywhere, any skill level. No one is expected to buy anything except stamps (heads up: people who read this blog are scattered around the world, so we all might need to double up on stamps)
- You are welcome to include a note inside your valentines with information about yourself, your blog/website/etsy business etc…but it is not required or expected.
- This is not an advertising opportunity. This is just a simple way to exchange random acts of kindness and send some love out into the world. No Debbie Downers, please 🙂
- If you feel weird disclosing your name and address, I assure you I will not compile and use this information for any other purpose besides sending you valentines! Please be sure to include your name. Last year, some folks omitted their names and the post office refused deliver the cards, so just include your initials or nick name if you are uncomfortable with everyone getting up in your business.
Listen, I hate forms too, but I set aside my animosity in the holy name of holiday crafts — I’m asking you do do the same. Please, take 20 seconds to
fill out this form.I promise you pal, it’s easy! If it takes you more than 20 seconds you are trying too hard. If you send me an email with your information, all I will do is go to the online form and fill out for you. So do me a favor – don’t put it in an email or the comments or on facebook – click here to fill out the form.
If you back out before Jan 30, no problem. Just send me an email — no harm, no foul. If you back out after Jan 30, that’s a problem as your address will already be in circulation to three other people who will be sending cards to you. Those three people would be pretty peeved if they knew they were sending valentines to someone who was not holding up their end of the bargain, as would the three people who will not be getting your cards. So altogether, that’s six people who will be ticked at you. SIX. Do you really want to risk those kinds of karma points?
I might! The better the photo, the more likely it will happen. You never know. Either way, I would love to see what you are cookin’ up!
***Update: Sign up is now closed. Thank you to everyone participating! Look for your email on Jan 31!