- It will give me carpel tunnel syndrome.
- I already crochet and suck at it. Do I really need one more thing to suck at?
- It will allow me to make custom sweaters for my cat. My cat already hates me and the last thing she needs is a legit excuse to get angry and pee on stuff.
- It will distract me from learning to hand quilt. And macramé. And install faucets.And other stuff.
- I will do it and I will get addicted and the yarn will suck all the moistness out of my hands and one day I will wake up and see a hand coming out of my sleeve and think OH CRAP, THE CRYPT KEEPER IS HERE!
- I can make other stuff with yarn. Like, this…
Also note: Cotton yarn, or yarn that is at least partly made from natural fibers, will absorb the glue and work a little better for this project. Straight acrylic yarn works too but I find it does not stiffen quite as nice as the cotton stuff.