Tall Christmas

I am tall.
My Aunt Cake is taller.
She is married to my Uncle Bob, who is the tallest.
They live in a tall house with tall ceilings.
At Christmas time they get themselves a tall tree.
How tall?
This Tall:
That was me, Christmas 1986.
Already displaying the signs of chronic bitchface.
On the back of the photo, in my motherโ€™s handwriting, it reads โ€œStill waiting for that pony.โ€
I’ll have you know, I am still waiting on that pony.
Thank goodness I learned appreciate the tree ๐Ÿ™‚

Comments

1. kelly gibson says

okay, i have to confess… i always thought i was 5’11”. but at my last dr.s’ appt. i came in at 5’10”. i am shrinking.

2. Elizabeth Berget says

Bwahaha! Chronic bitchface…at such a young, tender age ๐Ÿ™‚

3. Elizabeth Berget says

I actually grew like a 1/2 inch at my last doctor’s appt. – who grows at almost 30 years old?

4. Rebecca Brooks says

As I scrolled down on that image I burst out laughing (at the library, mind you) at the fellow sufferer of CBF (which I never knew had a name)! Bless you for this post – it utterly made my day!

5. kelly gibson says

i aspire to a tree like that. how tall are you? i’m pushing 5’11”.

6. Hillary says

Holy jesus. I suffer from CBF too! I’ll catch myself scowling in a mirror or store window when I think I look all happy. People DO say “smile!”

5’8. Maybe 5’9 in shoes. You win!

Ugh. I hate it when they do that.
    ….”You would look so pretty if you would only SMILE more often.”
    THANKS. I wasn’t feeling bad about anything until you said that. THANKS.

9. Thrifting Denver says

I’m a chronic sufferer as well. Dang it.

Oh, my, I do love that picture. You’re too funny! Have a great weekend!

Miranda

11. Rose says

You made me laugh and that’s NOT good recovering from hernia surgery! But it still was so freeking funny!! You’re the best!
    And bye the way, you wouldn’t have wanted to be one of those girls that lived for ponies…..sorry if anyone reading this had one ๐Ÿ™‚

HA! I was just talking with a friend about “horsy girls.” Yes, I wanted a pony for the novelty of having one, but Horsy Girls want ponies to fulfill their deep seeded horse obsessions (you know the type? While everyone else was playing on the jungle gym they’d run around in circles pretending they were a Pegasus or something.) Anyway…I fear I will offend someone if I speak further on the subject! Hope you are feeling better soon ๐Ÿ™‚ Hernia surgery? No bueno!

13. CameronMeerdink says

Now, that, mah frenz, is a CHRISTMAS TREE. I would love to put that in my house – but it’d have to lay on it’s side and take up the whole family room.

And I just have to tell you, that when I read your blog, I (for some unknown and probably psychotic reason) imagine that you look and sound like Kristen Johnston – she’s on the Exes now on TV Land. I don’t know why this is what pops into my head, but it just does!

14. Pkgo says

I waited for that pony until I was 27. She was worth the wait. Unfortunately, I became pregnant about 6 months later and eventually had to sell her because I was too busy with babies and stuff. But I still miss her. Love the bitchface shot.

15. beccajo malmstrom says