Good News About Unicorns

North Korean “archeologists” have stumbled upon an ancient “unicorn lair” about 200 yards from the capital city of Pyongyang, “journalists” report.

Some have suggested that news of this discovery is the result of poor translation, while others credit the claim as pay back for a story The Onion recently published crowning Kim Jong-Un as the “sexiest man alive.”

Myth vs. Science. Fact vs. Fiction. Edward vs. Jacob. Unicorns…vampires….whatever.

Either way, I’m thinking this unicorn thing is pretty rad.  I am so over owls.

fabriccat hat  |  sweaterring | tatoo (an entire page devoted to seriously weird unicorn tattoos — warning: not for the easily offended). | leggings pug hat | book | beach photo | letterpress card

Comments

Wait; Kim Jong-Un ISN’T the Sexiest Man Alive? In any case, you have no idea how much I wish this was true.

2. Anna says

I’m an aspiring history teacher and one of my favorite children’s history books is “The Truth About Unicorns” by James Cross Giblin. Seriously, read it and be amazed.

Noted! Now it’s officially on my list :) You are not the first person to mention this to me, but as an aspiring teacher, I’ll take your word :)

Haha. It’s amazing how he doesn’t win every year.

5. nutbirds says

Have you ever been to the Cloisters in NYC to see the unicorn tapestries? Come and visit sometime. Owls were over in 1968. But nut birds….or sock monkeys….

6. Laura says

They just want us all to move to North Korea, and we are just dying to get there. Love the Noah sign :)

I love them all! BUT where is the Unicorn draggin it’s rainbow poo-covered ass from??!! Him, I must have …

Even if we wanted to go, I don’t think they would let us in. Western influence and all that…

9. Jaan L of Tx says

LOL love it….that poor cat, whom looks none to happy, and the pug, poor little thing looks so helpless….but the sign…..LOL

Oh crap — sorry Jenny. It was on Etsy. Let me see if I can find the link again.

Owls are still trending. Two years ago they were cute…now I’m so over them I might start thinking they are back again. Did I tell you the people across the street have one of those GIANT inflatable christmas things in front of their house? Instead of Santa or teddy bear guess what it is? A SOCK MONKEY!

I’ll have to take a pic so you can see…..

12. nutbirds says

I’d love to have a picture of the monkey!  Getting ready for the dog sitter.  I think I’m going to put my condo in Beaver Creek on the market because we are losing money every year now.  Looking forward to meeting Miss Mustard Seed.! YOu are next!  Ann