Marble Painting the Easy Way

1-marble-painting-tall-682

The marble trend has been growing stronger and I am loving every bit of it. People are dipping and swirling everything but their shoes (okay, their shoes too!). I think we are drawn to stuff like this where we get to influence the process but still get the joy of surprise at the moment of unveiling. Marble painting with nail polish is a big thing, but have you tried it? Lord. It is MESSY. And smells pretty bad. I found another way to get our marble on that is way less toxic, super inexpensive, and when you clean up after…it shines your sink.

Whoa.

I know. You need to check it out!ย over at my friends at Pentel!

shaving-cream-marbleizing-blue

PS: Photos taken in my friend Kiki’s living room. She is gradually letting me redecorate her place, which only took three years to convince her to let me do. The blue swirl art is a big step. Just wait until I show you what is going up next to them!

Comments

1. Lauri says

Cool- I’ll have to try it! It looks like you had another influence on her living room. Those dots that are reflected in the glass look a little like your gift bags & a throw pillow. Your art has a particular ‘feel’ to it. A very happy one

I work at a company called Mad Science (basically, I’m an after-school Beakman’s World and teach the kiddies awesome sciencey things), and they taught us to do this project with index cards. We very rarely do it as an after-school activity (20 kids + only 1 hour to do other sciencey things), but during summer camps, the kids love it. Next time I get to do this, I’m going to tell them this is way beyond refrigerator work, this is worthy of living room framing!

• aunt peaches says

What a cool job you have, my goodness!

3. monica says

this is so cool. love it, love it, love it.

Someone should tell Kiki how lucky she (and her living room) are! ๐Ÿ™‚