All God’s Creatures Got a Place in the Choir….

Sometimes I feel overwhelmed and confused.

Sour. Inadequate.

Sometimes I wonder, What particular breed of crazy was I born with? Why am I not like everyone else? How can I be more normal?

…and then I read this.

By comparison to this, I am June Effing Cleaver. So normal it hurts.

If you ever feel out of place, you’ll want to read this. Don’t skim neither. You’ll want the full effect.

o-o-o

Many thanks to Freckled Citizen for introducing me to this strange and wondrous family.

And look Y’all, Digby has a  twitter feed!

Come stop by my site to read the full post!

Comments

1. Jills says

Can I just say how much I love this. The fact that you titled it w a Sunday school song makes it that much better.
    Suh-WEET!

And I thought I was a little crazy for buying two wigs yesterday (just for fun… no actual necessity). I might start wearing them to the grocery store, now. LOL

I KNOW. Someone sent me this yesterday, I am in awe of…of…not sure which part of it all that has me so tickled. I think it’s the fact that these gentlemen are very wealthy, and live their lives like alien royalty, inventing their own reality. I would love to be able to do that!

4. Dawn says

I spent about 20 minutes yesterday looking on the internet for a doll for me. I am a 36 year old mother of 4. However I do design newborn hats and accesories and my youngest is 8 years past the newborn stage. I had convinced myself it would be too weird for me to have a doll. I now feel like the universe has given me permission to buy a doll, because there are stranger things out there!!

Dawn Honey, you go get that baby doll! And dress it up as fancy as you can :)

Annon: Thanks for the link! Whoa. That is something you don’t see everyday. Man, I know we all need to do our best to celebrate our differences, but whoo boy, sometimes I worry….

Once, when we still had a TV, my BFF Zelda and I were watching a show that was all about these men who all had girlfriends that weren’t real, they were made from latex…they took them out to dinner, dancing…and then our human saw what we were watching and made us change the channel…..their friends and family thought they were weird too.