Kiki gave me a giant white cardboard buffalo for Christmica.
This is awesome because
- I adore taxidermy. It’s weird and unfashionable and it creeps out my guests, but there is something about creature parts that make me feel at home. Is that weird? Yeah, that’s weird.
- It’s cardboard and feels like a modern twist on Montana Cabin Chic, which, btw, when is this look coming back? I for one am anxiously awaiting the return of the bolo.
- He looks great hanging on the thin band of pale pink I have in the dining room. Buffalo + Pink = Fabulous. Who knew?
- He’s a buffalo. Enough said.
- I can now fulfill my childhood fantasy of living in a home with a cool name like Green Gables or Twelve Oaks or Netherfield Park; my home shall be called The House of the White Buffalo. You like? It’s very Dances with Wolves minus the scene when Kevin Kostner shows his butt. Holy crap that was a good movie.