While you were gawking at Ryan Lochte’s abs…

While you were gawking at Ryan Lochte’s abs, some Olympians were slugging it out in one of the world’s most ancient and challenging sports: String Game.
For some reason, NBC chose not to include the string game finals in their coverage.
Idiots.
Thank God, it was captured on film and you can view highlight images here today. I don’t want to spoil anything, but team USA may have won.

Look at the power behind that jaw! Those paws…. Those whiskers…Have you ever seen such skill and sportsmanship?
No, me neither.
Under that gold medal lies the heart of a true champion. Congratulations to Lola on this hard-fough victory. Eat your heart out, Michael Phelps!

Comments

We didn’t watch the Olympics. Yes, I know, this officially qualifies us as Living Under A Rock.

But I do know this – Lola would win in all Cat Beauty meets, no question.

But I do know this – Lola would win in all Cat Beauty meets, no question.

But I do know this – Lola would win in all Cat Beauty meets, no question.

But I do know this – Lola would win in all Cat Beauty meets, no question.

Hooray! She did such a great job. I bet she’s better spoken than Lochte, too. My cat Jake won the Silver in napping. It was a really close decision but mostly because that same 15 year-old who was timing the South Korean fencing match was there.

6. ajp2020 says

Team USA has another Gold to add to their list. Congrats to Lola on her Mastering of the ric-o-rac. The only other animal I saw included in the games were horses, or chicken legs in the syncronized swimming, but Lola tops them all! Go Lola!!!

7. nutbirds says

Do the French have power over the equipment – le ric rac – the same as they dominate the board via Msr Jacques Rogge?

8. Sevenwillow says

lol I love reading your posts in my email. Thank you so much for the laughter and for the poignant posts you have sent regarding your family. I look forward to more and go kitty go!
    :) Wendy R

Congratulations to the US on this medal, but did you see the Canadian synchronized button-on-a-string team? Amazing! And such a tight race till the final when the Canucks took the gold. The height they reached. A new personal best for both of them.