Friday Flower: Pumpkin Seed Brooch

I have been so caught up in holiday hoopla that I was really struggling to come up with something floral to feature as a “Friday Flower” for today…but then, early this morning, Anne in NC made a comment on yesterday’s pumpkin seed necklace post; Just yesterday I saw someone with a beautiful brooch made from pumpkin seeds, painted maroon with tiny pearls in the center. It was beautiful. I guess I’ll need to get a pumpkin!

Well you just know what crossed my mind: DANG, WHY DIDN’T I THINK OF THAT?

An hour, 35 pumpkin seeds, some cardboard, dental floss and two glue gun burns later, guess what I’m wearing to work today!

The back is messy and Lola keeps trying to eat on the dangly bits…so I’ll make a few changes next time around, like incorporating some paint and pearls, but all things considered this has been a very productive morning.

Thanks Anne!

1. Jills says

Shut up! You even get crafty before work?

You know I love a great flower, and this is one for the record books. I so wish I had your craftiness vision!

Oh. My. Gourd. It’s pretty much the most intricate, stunning flower pin evah! That’s a beautiful photo, too.

Oddly enough, I was just looking through a vintage (1974) craft book today and saw some seed flowers. Yours is better though! I may have to try this…

IT IS BEAUTIFUL!!!! Even more beautiful than the one I saw because of the dangly ones hanging down. It only took an hour! Way cool… Now I WILL have to go get that pumpkin!

My husband created me an account to make it easier to leave comments. Isn’t he a sweety…

Anne in NC!!!

Well that is just gourd-geous (sorry couldn’t help myself after Michelle’s comment)! what a pretty way to start the day!

So pretty! I might have to hack into the pumpkin sitting on my porch. ;)