She Comes in Colors

For anyone who has ever felt old before their time, hush up and watch:

This lovely lady, Ilona Royce Smithkin, is the living embodiment of youth. Optimistic, open minded and living for every moment, she doesn’t give a rip what anybody says or thinks about her appearance. She isn’t wasting time accommodating some aesthetic expectation set down by me, or you, or Vogue magazine. She is beautiful. She is 90. She is what I want to be when I’m a grown up.
Oh crap.
I am a grown up.
When did that happen?
Many thanks to my pal Justin for introducing me to Ilona via my new favorite blog, Advanced Style, a blog devoted to people of a *certain age* who are living high on the hog with gobs of style. So inspiring! Love it. Love it. Love it.

Comments

Nice one, Grandma. I, too, would like to be like her when I grow older! (have given up on the grown- up thing a long time ago)
    It pays not to give a flying fiddlers fart what people think of you! Ilona has it all figured out.

Thank you, P, for tweeting about this blog a few days ago – I have been reading it ever since! It makes me really happy.

I have really enjoyed reading this blog, and have shared it with many friends. Thanks for the inspiration!

Advanced style is AWESOME, I wrote about it when he first started, but need to get over and check out those stylish ladies right now–thanks for the reminder :)
    Hope you had a happy fourth!

xo Mary Jo

OMG!!! I WANT her as my granny! She is just so awesome. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for sharing…I was feeling old when I saw this and now I feel inspired.

She is a charming, lovely lady. I want to thank you for introducing me to Advanced Style – I started looking at it a few days ago and I’m hooked.

8. Cathy says

What a lady!!
    I am only 57 (and proud!) so I haven’t grown up yet. And to be honest, I don’t plan on it for a long time to come if ever.
    I am a bodaciously, bountiful women and decided about 10 years ago that I was me and if you didn’t like it then that was your loss. Ilona gives me hope and makes me smile that the best is yet to come.
    Me (Cathy)

Oh yes, she is my goal in life! Fab-u-lous! If I’m a tenth of her I’ll be happy!

I was visiting at Michelle Made Me and saw your blog on her list, and since I’d been here before I thought I’d stop in and see what you were up to… I guess we are meant to do what we do, because the video of that sweet little lady was just what I needed. Thank you for featuring her and being here for me today. We are knit together –
    Hugs!

Omigod, I love it. I wanna be like her when I grow up. Especially the part about not buying green bananas.