Who wants to come sit on my porch swing?

If you hadn’t noticed, I haven’t been blogging so much the last couple of weeks. Why? Because I MOVED. It only took four former felons, a 16′ truck and a three-alarm gas leak, but yeah, I did it. I MOVED.
And now it’s over. And hopefully will not have to happen again for a very, very long time.

Whew!

Lola is still adjusting and I am still unpacking. The commute downtown is longer and the days seem shorter, but I can’t tell you how much I love it. There are so many wonderful things about this old house. It makes me want to grow a mustache and get a plaid flannel shirt. Maybe a New Hampshire accent too. Yesterday I was running around the basement with plumber talking about pipe threading techniques. OMG you guys, it was so cool!

I have been wanting to invite you all over to sit on my porch swing but since that isn’t an option for everyone, you will have to settle for a few snapshots of the new place. More to follow :)

Hello crown moldings. Hello picture rails. Hello hard wood floors. We are going to be such good friends!

Comments

I love it!!! I love old houses with character! I am pleased to say I have never lived in a cookie-cutter apartment. Congrats on your new place, Peaches. It’s perfect! (And a basement? I’m so jealous!!)

BEAUTIFUL!! We recently moved from an old house and I miss it terribly! Your front porch reminds me so much of our old one! Enjoy it! Would love to be sitting out there enjoying the beautiful weather instead of drowning in boxes in here! :)

It is AWESOME!!! I live in an old house, and it has plenty of character, hardwood floors, molding and I love it! I have a porch too – but no porch swing. Instead I have it crowded with lots of chairs and a swing that in on the ground. I’m sure you will personalize that home of yours. Looking forward to see your touch on EVERY ROOM! Glad you and Lola have found your new home. We have missed you.

Hey, Peaches, congratulations! The house looks so roomy and beautiful. I also love my old rickety place and do a lot of porch-sitting–though no porch-swinging–you’ve inspired me! Enjoy your new home.

I love old houses and front porches and hardwood floors – you are SO lucky! As for moving – shoot to beat me at unpacking boxes: I just finished 21 months after moving – doh! But, I found some cool stuff that I had forgot I owned when I finally did unpack – bonus!

Congrats on you new place! It looks so wonderful and I can hardly wait to see how you decorate it, I know it will be fabulous! And speaking of fabulousness, halloween is coming up–dont’ you have a new diy for us?

xo Mary Jo

The house looks terrific. If I were there, I’d help you paint. Swings are great. My MOm and I used to sway on ours at 4:30 pm and wait for my Dad to get home from the oil field in his dusty old work truck.

Congratulations on the new place! A front porch WITH a swing! Picture rails!!!! I am sooo jealous! :) Hope you and Lola settle in alright. If I didn’t live halfway across the country I’d come help you paint…(I love to paint!)

The new place looks so cozy and inviting. I love the molding and hardwood floors – they just don’t make houses with such wonderful character anymore.

10. Anonymous says

Congratulations!!! Renting can be fun and all, but nothing beats coming home to your very own place. I also look forward to hearing your tales of homeownership and seeing you put your personal touch into such an awesome house.
    <3 Ninabobina

11. Anonymous says

Enjoy… your photos bring back memories of the first house I bought… same style… great character… loved painting that beautiful woodwork and those cracked plaster walls. Keep us posted! :)

Front porches ROCK… an absolute favorite of our digs… rainy days and books. :-) Good Luck and Happy Projects. Your creative juices must be boiling over!! xo