***TRUMPET SOUND TRUMPET SOUND TRUMPET SOUND***
Attention handmade valentine lovers!
Last year's Valentine swap was such a success we are doing it again. Are you in? In a nutshell, this is how it works:
You send three handmade valentines to total strangers = You will receive three handmade valentines from total strangers.
Sounds great, right?
UPDATE: The swap signup deadline has now past. See you next year!
Here is what you should expect:
- You make three handmade* valentines.
- You send me an email with your address before 5pm CST on Sunday, Jan 29.
- You receive an email from me on Wed, Feb 1 with the addresses of three total strangers.
- You send one valentine to each address you receive, no later than Sunday Feb 5.
- You receive three valentines sometime around Valentines Day.
*Handmade is an open term. No one is expected to produce a masterpiece. If you are saying "But I can't make anything nice!" then you are *exactly* the sort of person who should participate. I want hear from YOU! Construction paper, paint, paste, macaroni, crayons, collage, glitter, pipe cleaners....sky is the limit. Only requirement is that it fit in a standard envelope.
Please Keep in Mind...
- This exchange is open to anyone, anywhere, any skill level. No one is expected to buy anything except stamps (heads up: people who read this blog are scattered around the world, so we all might need to double up on stamps!)
- You are welcome to include a note inside your valentines with information about yourself, your blog/website/etsy business etc...but it is not required or expected.
- This is not an advertising opportunity. This is just a simple way to exchange random acts of kindness and send some love out into the world. No Debbie Downers, please :)
- If you feel weird disclosing your name and address, I assure you I will not compile and use this information for any other purpose besides sending you valentines! Please be sure to include your name. Last year, some folks omitted their names and the post office refused deliver the cards, so just include your initials or nick name if you are uncomfortable with everyone getting up in your business.