Attention handmade valentine lovers!
For the fourth year running I am inviting my readers to participate in the biggest, most snazztastic valentine swap of all! Last year more than 400 folks participated from all around the world. That means more than 1,200 Valentines were exchanged between total strangers. Wowza!
I know what you are thinking….
Gee, I love the sound of this valentine swap. How does it work?
Well friend, I am glad you asked. This is the nitty-gritty: You send three handmade valentines to total strangers = You will receive three handmade valentines from total strangers.
That sounds fun! Where do I sign up? How do I exchange addresses?
Good question. Let me break it down:
- You click here to fill out the sign up form no later than Jan 25.
- You receive an email from me on Jan 31st with the addresses of three total strangers.
- You send one valentine to each address you receive, no later than Feb 5.
- You receive three valentines sometime before/around Valentines Day.
What sort of Valentine should I send?
Handmade! It could be a simple scrap of paper with a doodle from your kids, or a stitched up and sequined masterpiece. Adding some glitter or a buttons to a pre-existing valentines is OK too. Just as long as it has a handmade touch and can fit in an envelope, it’s game.
I’m in! What else do I need to know?
- This exchange is open to anyone, anywhere, any skill level. No one is expected to buy anything except stamps (heads up: people who read this blog are scattered around the world, so we all might need to double up on stamps).
- You are welcome to include a note inside your valentines with information about yourself, your blog/website/etsy business etc…but it is not required or expected.
- This is not an advertising opportunity. This is just a simple way to exchange random acts of kindness and send some love out into the world. No Debbie Downers, por favor.
- If you feel weird disclosing your name and address, I assure you I will not compile and use this information for any other purpose besides sending you valentines! PS: Please be sure to include your name. Some folks like to omit their name for privacy purposes and then the post office refuses deliver the cards, so just include your initials or nick name if you are uncomfortable with everyone getting up in your business.
***Just to clarify, after you fill out the form and click SUBMIT you will see a ‘Thank you’ type of confirmation pop-up at the end. As soon as you see that pop-up you are good to go! After that pop-up you will be referred back to Emailmeform.com’s home page, which *might* look like a sign up form. Ignore it. There is no reason for you to sign up for their services. There is no second form to fill out. If you see a second form, ignore it. Thanks!
24 Hour Update: The sign up window is now closed. Thank you for participating! See you in 2015!