This is it.
I have reached new heights in spangled frivolity.
I am seriously considering painting my kitchen pink.
I have made a lot of changes and updates to my place since moving in last fall but have yet to touch the kitchen. At all. And it could use some work. I have been avoiding it because the kitchen is used so frequently and I don’t want to be tripping over paint brushes and tile grout just to make a piece of toast….but now I realize it will never get done unless I crack down and do it, so, this week I find myself with kitchen décor on the brain. Despite a plethora of amazing ideas out there, I keep circling back to the idea of a pink kitchen.
My Grandnanna had a pink kitchen (not Pumpkin, the otherone) so the idea is not exactly new. But it’s a little scary. Not that I have ever been scared of color, you know, it just the thought of stumbling out of the bathroom each morning to say, WOW THAT’S A PINK KITCHEN!
- I like pink. A lot. Hot pink especially.
- Pinks walls will distract from the dingy, outdated, 100% paint resistant melamine cabinets.
- Pink walls will distract from the continual mess that generates in my kitchen (only tidy cooks can have gleaming all white kitchens – I want something where clutter looks at home!)
- Pink walls are a nice, feminine, foofy counterbalance to a room filled with sharp, masculine, metallic, and dangerous objects; in fact, if there ever was a room that could handle pink –it’s the kitchen.
- It’s only paint. If/When I have the time/money to do a thorough renovation I can do something more classic, but for now it’s fun.
- I will be known as The Cat Lady With The Pink Kitchen.
Yup. So that seals it: I’m getting a pink kitchen.
Come stop by my site to read the full post!